Armenian Women’s Welfare Association
Stay on Top of the Latest Developments in Artsakh
An unspeakable human tragedy is unfolding in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabagh) with the mass evacuation of Armenians from their homes and homeland. Over the last 20+ years, the Armenian Women’s Welfare Association (AWWA) has been supporting the Hanganak Elder Clinic in Stepanakert, Artsakh, most recently providing 300+ elders who are alone with medical, food, fuel and social support. The Artsakh population, including our elders, are now forced to leave their homes and homeland with only the clothes on their back under difficult conditions. Rest assured, we are working with other organizations here...
Serving Our Community Since 1915
Armenian Women’s Welfare Association (AWWA) is a not-for-profit membership organization, which has been in existence for over 100 years.
We are dedicated to serving elders locally and internationally through the sponsorship of elder service programs.
AWWA believes that honoring elders is at the very foundation of great family and great community.
Drawing on the rich history, generosity of spirit and work ethic of the Armenian community, we aim to ensure the good health and well-being of all Armenian elders and others, wherever they may be.
The Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (ANRC) announced the appointment of Renato de Leon as Executive Director, introducing an award-winning leader in elder care to oversee the community’s...
The Armenian Women’s Welfare Association (AWWA) is celebrating the return of former CEO Scott Ariel, filling a newly created role as Chief Advancement Officer. Ariel, a longtime senior executive at...
Programs & Quick Links
Armenian Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Armenian Nursing & Rehabilitation Center (ANRC)
- An 83-bed, not-for-profit, skilled nursing center providing both Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long‑Term Care.
- Situated on a beautiful three-acre lot in Jamaica Plain, a neighborhood in Boston.
- Strategically located minutes away from world‑class hospitals, such as Mass General, Brigham and Women’s, and Beth Israel Deaconess.
Hanganak Elder Clinic
- Working with Gohar Hovhannisyan, MD, MPH and her team, the AWWA sponsors the Hanganak Elder Clinic in Stepanakert, Artsakh.
- In this way, AWWA ensures medical care, food provisions, social support and heating assistance for over 300 elder women and men who are living alone in Stepanakert, Artsakh.
- In 2019, AWWA expanded their Elder Clinic sponsorship to a second clinic site this time in Askeran, Artsakh.
- ANRC is reaching out to children and youth in the area, asking for artwork for the residents to brighten their day and their rooms.
- Submissions can include weekly drawings, paintings, and letters to pen pals.
- We need your support to help cheer up our residents during this unprecedented time.